September 21, 2021
Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine sits down with John R Miles to talk about the secrets to living a life of excellence. Becoming passion-struck is all about living a life of excellence. Setting goals, overcoming challenges, getting results, and celebrating victories make living so rich and worthwhile.
Like this? Please subscribe to the channel, and join me on my new platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://passionstruck.com/. Please post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Thank you for listening to the Passion Struck podcast. In this powerful episode, John and Mark Divine discuss Mark's unusual path to becoming a Navy SEAL. He explains the lessons he learned from BUDs and why he was given the nickname "Cyborg." We go into the five developmental plateaus for you to traverse on your passion-struck journey as a leader. We also discuss the importance of mindfulness, discomfort, meditation, yoga, and martial arts in creating an unbeatable mind and the importance of agility and adaptability.
New Interviews with the World's GREATEST high achievers will be posted every Tuesday with a Momentum Friday inspirational message!
- 0:00 Mark Divine Show Teaser
- 1:25 Show Intro and Mark Divine background
- 4:26 How he got the name "Cyborg"
- 6:58 Mark's journey to becoming a SEAL
- 18:07 Why no one can do it alone
- 26:20 Unleashing a 7 year period of creativity
- 32:46 How he created SEALFIT 38:31
- The unbeatable mind process for integrated development
- 39:40 The five plateaus of leadership development
- 50:38 Why you need to change your fundamentals
- 54:17 The Five Mountain training to creating a life of excellence
- 107:44 Agility vs Adaptability
ENGAGE MARK DIVINE
Most people think of mental toughness when they imagine a Navy SEAL. They don’t expect the thoughtful, yoga-innovating, joking, and laughing professor of leadership named Mark Divine. After starting as a CPA, he switched careers and, at twenty-six, graduated as Honor Man (#1-ranked trainee) of SEAL BUD/S class number 170. Mark served for nine years total on active duty and eleven as a Reserve SEAL, retiring as Commander in 2011.
He entered a seven-year period of creativity where he started SEALFIT, a fitness company that prepared civilians for the physical AND mental/emotional demands of Navy SEAL-like lifestyle, co-founded the Coronado Brewing Company, built www.NavySEALs.com, the leading website for SEAL gear and information, and launched US Tactical, a government contracting business. He is the author of the Unbeatable Mind, Staring Down the Wolf, Way of the SEAL, 8 Weeks to SEALFIT, and KOKORO Yoga.
*Unbeatable Mind: https://unbeatablemind.com/
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
ABOUT JOHN R. MILES
* Guides: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Coaching: https://passionstruck.com/coaching/
* Speaking: https://johnrmiles.com/speaking-business-transformation/
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283