Dr. Jay Lombard is an internationally acclaimed neurologist, author, and keynote speaker who creates solutions for brain health and intractable neurological disorders. He sits down with John R Miles to talk about brain science for better lives and his research that are allowing both the prevention and treatment of neurological disorders such as ALS, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s.
New to the passion-struck podcast? Check out our starter packs which are our favorite episodes grouped by topic, to allow you to get a sense of all the podcast has to offer. Go to https://passionstruck.com/starter-packs/.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Mentioned In this Episode: Everything ALS, https://www.everythingals.org/.
Also, check out Dr. Jay Lombard’s book: The Mind of God: https://amzn.to/3pBoUts.
Thank you for listening to the Passion Struck podcast. John explores the research that Dr. Lombard is doing to detect the root cause of Alzheimer’s, CTE, ALS, and Parkinson’s disease and new clinical approaches to treat them and reverse their impact. Dr. Lombard goes into new MRI technology called diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) studies and how they are helping doctors understand brain flow. We also discuss his book The Mind of God in detail and the fundamental questions it answers.
Dr. Lombard integrates biological, psychological, and existential components in his holistic treatment approach. He is the co-founder and creator of Genomind, a medicine company utilizing genetic testing to improve neuropsychiatric conditions, including Alzheimer’s, Autism, and Depression. He is also the founder of the Brain Performance program at LifeSpan medicine with Dr. Chris Renna.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 3:49 What led Jay to want to study the brain
- 7:37 Healing progressive neurological diseases 11:32
- How to shift your beliefs in a positive direction
- 13:02 Using diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) to see the seat of the soul
- 17:31 Breaking Down Misfolded Proteins
- 22:20 Impact of the glymphatic system
- 24:54 New treatments for reversing neurodegenerative diseases
- 30:37 Use of Omega-3 in TBI Treatment
- 32:25 The use of hormone therapy for TBI
- 35:03 Integrated treatment approach
- 39:19 Why do so many people feel hopeless
- 41:58 Interface of our physicality with our mind
- 48:51 Faith and consciousness
Follow Dr. Jay Lombard
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
ABOUT JOHN R. MILES
* Guides: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Coaching: https://passionstruck.com/coaching/
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283