Meeting the sustainability problems facing society will require the kind of authentic collaboration for which there is still no real precedent. It must be co-created by various stakeholders who understand the criticality of collaboration in systems change and want to positively impact the world.
Jeffrey (Jeff) C. Walker is on the leading edge of solving the world’s biggest problems using better philanthropy through systems change. His personal mission is to help end global suffering and enhance joy across the world. In our Passion Struck Podcast interview, Jeff discusses his passion for addressing global issues from a systems change perspective to create a lasting impact. We also go into his love of music and how it influenced his life as well as the work he is doing in support of the University of Virginia Contemplative Science Center and his work in support of mental health, consciousness, and spirituality.
About Jeffrey C. Walker
Jeff Walker currently serves on the boards of New Profit, Berklee College of Music, Morgan Library, Lincoln Center Film Society, Millennium Development Goals Health Alliance, the Miller Center, and University of Virginia’s Undergraduate Business School, where he was president for 10 years. He is the former Vice Chairman of JPMorgan Chase.
New to this channel and the passion-struck podcast? Check out our starter packs which are our favorite episodes grouped by topic, to allow you to get a sense of all the podcast has to offer. Go to https://passionstruck.com/starter-packs/.
Have You Tried BetterHELP?
BetterHELP is making professional therapy accessible, affordable, and convenient — so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime and anywhere. BetterHELP offers access to licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists, marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers, and board licensed professional counselors. BetterHELP wants you to start living a happier life AND is offering Passion Struck listeners 10% off your first month by visiting www.betterhelp.com/passionstruck.
Like this? Please join me on my new platform for peak performance, life coaching, self-improvement, intentional living, and personal growth: https://passionstruck.com/ and sign up for our email list.
Thank you for joining us today on the Passion Struck podcast. New Interviews with the World's GREATEST high achievers will be posted every Tuesday with a Momentum Friday inspirational message!
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com.
- 0:00 Introduction of Jeffrey Walker
- 6:03 Developing his love for music and collaboration
- 11:28 Leveraging collaboration at JPMorgan Chase
- 14:52 How he started practicing mindfulness
- 20:15 Importance of humility
- 23:00 Bridge Builders Collaborative Mission-Based VC fund
- 29:11 Creating University of Virginia's Contemplative Science Center
- 34:32 Discussing his book the Generosity Network
- 38:01 Locally driven and network supported organizations
- 39:26 Social entrepreneur vs systems entrepreneur
- 43:44 Collaborative Catalyst models
- 48:09 Philanthropic support groups
- 52:22 Proximate Change
- 55:00 We discuss his upcoming book
- 57:15 Psychodelic treatment for PTSD
- 59:24 Default mode network in brain reprogramming
FOLLOW JEFFREY C. WALKER
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffreywalkerinfo/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Walkerjc
FOLLOW JOHN R. MILES ON THE SOCIALS
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/JohnMiles
* Blog: https://passionstruck.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast
====== ABOUT JOHN ======
John R. Miles leads a global movement called Passion Struck. He is passionate about being the catalyst who helps individuals expand into the most excellent version of themselves, unlocking the most no regrets life possible. He is a combat veteran, multi-industry CEO, successful entrepreneur, top podcast host, and author who is helping people worldwide regain their passion. John is one of the most-watched, quoted, and followed high-performance trainers globally, and his leadership acumen spans more than two decades. He's founded or co-founded more than half a dozen successful start-ups, was a Fortune 50 CIO and CISO, mentors rising entrepreneurs, and invests in successful tech ventures. He graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy, where he learned vital leadership skills and was a multi-sport Division 1 athlete.