Laurie Singer on You’re Not Crazy: There is Hope for Those Experiencing Anxiety, Obsessions, or Fetishes EP 129
Laurie Singer - You're Not Crazy: There is hope for those experiencing anxiety, obsessions, or fetishes. | Brought to you by Raycon (https://buyraycon.com/passionstruck) and Athletic Greens (https://athleticgreens.com/passionstruck).
Laurie Singer is a board-certified licensed marriage and family therapist in applied behavior analysis. Motivated by the tragic death of her son in the late 80s, she devoted her life to the field of mental health. She started her own company to create a team approach for helping individuals resolve behavioral and other mental health issues by applying behavioral and cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Laurie and I discuss how she developed the passion to compete in endurance challenges and what it was like for her to be indoctrinated into the Hall of Fame. The impact on her life from the death of her young son. Why does she believe that anyone who is stuck can become unstuck? How she develops plans that help individuals gain confidence by achieving their goals that they set for themselves. We discussed the strong scientific evidence and understanding that our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are highly interdependent how she helps those who suffered deeply from anxiety and its manifestations and so much more.
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Raycon and Athletic Greens.
- Raycon is a wireless audio brand that enables inspirational audio experiences. They are priced at half of their competition with an unapologetic willingness to shatter industry norms.
Get 15% on Raycons at https://buyraycon.com/passionstruck.
- Athletic Greens is a health and wellness company that makes comprehensive daily nutrition really simple. ONE scoop contains 75 vitamins, including multivitamins, multi-minerals, probiotics, and immune-supporting mushrooms. Get a free one-year supply of Vitamin D3/K2 and five travel packs at https://athleticgreens.com/passionstruck.
- Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
► Subscribe to My YouTube Channel Here: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
- 0:00 Announcements and Laurie Singer Introduction
- 3:32 Becoming a star endurance athlete
- 7:06 100 mile endurance challenge
- 8:33 How to build mental toughness
- 10:33 Her son's sickness and how it has impacted her life's direction
- 15:22 Laurie discusses her unique approach to cognitive behavioral therapy
- 19:02 Treating OCD and Anxiety disorders
- 22:57 What does chronic loneliness do to a person?
- 26:39 Creating a solution-based approach to mental health disorders
- 28:30 The importance of choice in our life
- 32:03 Her book You’re Not Crazy: Living with Anxiety, Obsessions, and Fetishes
- 36:12 Why we are storytellers of our own life
- 40:33 Overcoming the shrouds that disguise our identity
- 46:11 Creating a mindset that you want to help people
- 48:09 Rapid round of questions
- 53:56 Show wrap up
Follow Laurie Singer
- Website: https://www.yourenotcrazybook.com/
- You're Not Crazy Book: https://amzn.to/3rKaLtY
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurie-singer-03524b219/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laurie__singer/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LaurieSingerBehavioral/
Follow John on the Socials:
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://passionstruck.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck/
-- John R Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.