We all learn differently and understanding the science of learning helps us all uniquely learn better. And the more we know, the easier it is to learn and understand new things regardless of your profession. | Brought to you by Grammarly (https://grammarly.com/passionstruck) and Raycon (https://buyraycon.com/passionstruck).
The science of learning is the ongoing process of information retention over time. Because our memory makes up the very framework through which we make sense of and take action within the present, its importance goes without saying. But how exactly does it work?
I use the unique story of Dr. Siddharth Warrier to illustrate how we learn and why lifelong learning is so important. To read further about today's episode, please visit the show notes on PassionStruck.com/passion_struck_podcast.
Thank you for listening to this episode. I hope you keep up with the weekly videos I post on the YouTube channel, subscribe to, and share your learnings with those who need to hear them. Your comments are my oxygen, so please take a second and say 'Hey' ;).
-- ► Subscribe to My Channel Here: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
Thank You To Our Sponsors
- This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Grammarly. Level up your writing with advanced suggestions on grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and style. Get 20% off premium at https://grammarly.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
- This episode is also sponsored by Raycon. Raycon is a wireless audio brand that enables inspirational audio experiences. With an unapologetic willingness to shatter industry norms and a cost that is half of its competitors. Get 15% at https://buyraycon.com/passionstruck.
- Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
- 0:00 Why are humans the ultimate learning machine?
- 4:32 What it takes to learn: the Dr. Siddharth Warrier story
- 9:03 What does the science of learning entail?
- 10:18 The 3 aspects of the neuroscience of learning
- 15:16 How does the brain learn new information?
- 16:14 How do you help others learn better?
- 17:40 Can stress facilitate learning?
- 18:18 The science of learning principles
- 19:45 Analysis and synthesis
- Bittersweet by Susan Cain
- Check out my interview with Susan Cain.
- Learning How to Learn: How to Succeed in School Without Spending All Your Time Studying; A Guide for Kids and Teens by Barbara Oakley
- The New Science of Learning: How to Learn in Harmony With Your Brain.
- Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses the importance of self-love in Episode 104
- John explains why materialism is impacting your success and happiness in episode 96.
- Do you know the science of healthy habits? John explores this in-depth in Episode 108.
- Suppose you missed our interview with Jen Bricker-Bauer on Everything is Possible. Don't panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
- How do you strengthen your relationship with your best self? Explore episode 110.
Find John on the Socials:
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://passionstruck.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
-- John R Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the Passion Struck Podcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world's highest achievers to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for John's latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022. Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com.
New to this channel and the passion-struck podcast? Check out our starter packs which are our favorite episodes grouped by topic, to allow you to get a sense of all the podcast has to offer. Go to Spotify or https://passionstruck.com/starter-packs/.
Like this? Please join me on my new platform for peak performance, life coaching, self-improvement, intentional living, and personal growth: https://passionstruck.com/ and sign up for our email list.