Dr. Scott Sherr on His Integrative Approach to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Nootropics, and Peak Performance EP 147
Scott Sherr - Integrated Medicine, Nootropics, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, and Peak Performance. | Brought to you by BABBEL. Save up to 60 % off your subscription when you go to https://babbel.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
Dr. Scott Sherr is an Internal Medicine Physician Certified in Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) and Health Optimization Medicine (HOMe). Dr. Scott is the founder of Integrative HBOT and is one of the few providers in the world who uses an integrative approach to HBOT. This approach includes cutting-edge and dynamic HBOT protocols, comprehensive laboratory testing, targeted supplementation, personal practices, and synergistic technologies.
Where You Can Buy an HBOT: https://www.onebasehealth.com/
Featured Veteran Nonprofit Resources
If you are dealing with issues related to traumatic brain injury, PTSD, brain health, or anything of the like, contact www.warriorangelsfoundation.org, https://www.heroicheartsproject.org/ , https://vetsolutions.org/ to learn more. You can also donate to the cause of helping veterans get their lives back.
Thank you, Babbel, for sponsoring the podcast:
* Babbel is the new way to learn a foreign language. Save up to 60 % off your subscription when you go to https://babbel.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
Click here for the full show notes: -- ► https://passionstruck.com/dr-scott-sherr-integrative-approach/
--► Subscribe to My Channel Here: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
--► Subscribe to the podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/passion-struck-with-john-r-miles/id1553279283
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
Thank you for listening to this podcast. I hope you keep up with the weekly videos I post on the YouTube channel, subscribe to, and share your learnings with those who need to hear them. Your comments are my oxygen, so please take a second and say 'Hey' ;).
What I discuss with Dr. Scott Sherr
- 0:00 Announcements
- 2:54 Introducing Dr. Scott Sherr
- 4:46 His introduction to functional medicine
- 10:00 How does hyperbaric oxygen therapy work?
- 14:05 The difference between soft and hard shell HBOT chambers
- 17:33 Why aquanauts experience hyperbaric conditions 20:30
- The 14 indications that are covered by medical insurance for using HBOT
- 24:02 How hyperbaric therapy helps to produce stem cells
- 29:04 How hyperbaric therapy aids cancer treatment
- 35:53 Treating neurodegenerative disease with hyperbaric therapy 4
- 4:51 The use of Nootropics for peak performance
- 47:49 The magic blue cannatine nootropic to enhance productivity
- 51:53 Where can you purchase an HBOT?
- 53:10 Wrap Up and Synthesis
In this episode, Dr. Scott Sherr joins us to discuss how he discovered hyperbaric oxygen therapy buried in the basement of the hospital where he was a resident. Why this has become his life’s work and how he balances both practicing internal medicine with alternative modalities focused on helping for optimal health, inflammation, peak performance, and neurodegenerative recovery. We discuss in detail HBOT's use for both acute brain injury care as well as a treatment for those suffering from post-concussion syndrome. Lastly, Dr. Sherr explains how HBOT can help with peak performance and the cutting edge use of nootropics which he is heavily involved in researching and also manufacturing.
Where you can find Dr. Scott Sherr:
* Website: www.drscottsherr.com
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drsherr/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hbotplus/
* My interview with Dr. Michael Slepian: https://passionstruck.com/michael-slepian-the-secret-life-of-secrets/
* My interview with Tricia Manning: https://passionstruck.com/tricia-manning-on-how-to-lead-with-heart/
* My interview with Sarah Fay: https://passionstruck.com/sarah-fay-pathological/
* My interview with Admiral James Stavridis: https://passionstruck.com/admiral-james-stavridis-to-risk-it-all/
* My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
* My solo episode on why you must feel to heal: https://passionstruck.com/why-you-must-feel-to-find-emotional-healing/
-- Welcome to Passion Struck podcast, a show where you get to join me in exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world's most inspiring everyday heroes to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com.
Stay tuned for my latest project, my upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
===== FOLLOW JOHN ON THE SOCIALS =====
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast